Thursday, January 20, 2011

THRIFTY THURSDAY: Sheets

Before I rave about my fab find, I'm going to throw it out there that I've yet to fully embrace the "go green" trend. We do recycle but I don't exclusively buy organic and shame on us - we use paper plates. I apologize if that offends anyone. To each their own - right??

Moving on - I don't know about you but I find it extremely annoying that sheets are so expensive. Sure we snuggle up to them every night but c'mon. An excellent place to buy name brand sheets for 1/2 the price are places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Ross...IF...you have the time (and patience) to pick through unorganized shelves. Me - not so much. Especially after kids.
So before hitting up the name brand department stores, I first checked my faithful friend - Target. I was on a mission to find a dark grey sheet and didn't have my hopes set very high. Once again, Target proved me wrong. There sat the perfect gun-metal grey sheet set for only $39.99. And yes, I said SET. A fitted 100% Organic Cotton, pesticide free Queen sheet, flat sheet and two pillow cases. Pretty amazing deal considering there is usually a price you pay for anything that fits in the "eco-friendly" category.

Case in point - an almost identical Organic sheet by DKNY. Their price: $49.99 for fitted sheet, $49.99 for flat sheet, and $59.99 for a set of 2 pillowcases. Seriously. $160.00? No thanks especially when nobody even knows (or cares) that your sheets are Donna Karen. I'll stick with my ever-so-soft, affordable, fabulous find of Target 'Home' Organic sheets. And feel good that I'm doing a very small part in helping the environment every night that I crawl into bed. I highly recommend them!!

1 comment:

  1. Costco is has great quality sheets for a decent price as well. only bummer is they only have like two colors. and Ikea baby, lots to chose from and great prices :)! love ya!

    ReplyDelete