Which brings me to today's DOUBLE TAKE - one of the year's hottest foot wear trends - RIDING BOOTS. Can you tell which boot are the $218 Bloomingdale's ever so popular Frye Boot vs. the $49.99 Target Mossimo Boot?
Yeah, me neither. The only real difference appears to be the $168 price difference. The Mossimo Katherine boot (LEFT) is made of real leather, has "thermoplastic" (blend of rubber & plastic) soles, a cushioned in-sole and a non-skid tread. That's a durable, stylish boot for a super steal. Of course the Frye Harness 12R boot (RIGHT) has a Neoprene oil-resistant sole, Goodyear welt construction and nicer hardware but for the price, you could buy three pairs - one in black, one in brown, and one for your sister - and still be $68 ahead. No brainer. But don't just take my word for it - check out the 305 positive reviews from Target customers online! And remember if you spend over $50 on Target.com you get free shipping so don't kill yourself searching every Target nearby for them. Most likely they'll be sold out.
Wondering how to pull off riding boots?
- Pair with skirts, leggings, skinny jeans or dresses.
- Wear with tights that match the boot.
- Keep the hem of the dress above the boot.
- An accessory that pairs well with the boot - a belt or a over-sized handbag.
- Pair with a leather or suede jacket for an ultra cool look.