Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DOUBLE TAKE: Boots

I don't know about you but it never fails that I get the most compliments on the least expensive outfits. The other day a lady stopped me to ask where I bought my shirt. Forever 21. Then asked about my earrings. Target. My scarf. Old Navy. Then my shoes. A pair I have owned for 5 years bought at Brass Plum @ Nordies. Her jaw dropped in shock that I was rockin' such an el-cheapo outfit. Back in my more "insecure" days I would be embarrassed to admit that nothing was super name brand. Humph, not anymore. There is nothing more satisfying about raving that you can look good without shellin' out serious dinero on clothes that guaranteed will be out of style next season.

Which brings me to today's DOUBLE TAKE - one of the year's hottest foot wear trends - RIDING BOOTS. Can you tell which boot are the $218 Bloomingdale's ever so popular Frye Boot vs. the $49.99 Target Mossimo Boot?

Yeah, me neither. The only real difference appears to be the $168 price difference. The Mossimo Katherine boot (LEFT) is made of real leather, has "thermoplastic" (blend of rubber & plastic) soles, a cushioned in-sole and a non-skid tread. That's a durable, stylish boot for a super steal. Of course the Frye Harness 12R boot (RIGHT) has a Neoprene oil-resistant sole, Goodyear welt construction and nicer hardware but for the price, you could buy three pairs - one in black, one in brown, and one for your sister - and still be $68 ahead. No brainer. But don't just take my word for it - check out the 305 positive reviews from Target customers online! And remember if you spend over $50 on Target.com you get free shipping so don't kill yourself searching every Target nearby for them. Most likely they'll be sold out.

Wondering how to pull off riding boots?
  • Pair with skirts, leggings, skinny jeans or dresses.
  • Wear with tights that match the boot.
  • Keep the hem of the dress above the boot.
  • An accessory that pairs well with the boot - a belt or a over-sized handbag.
  • Pair with a leather or suede jacket for an ultra cool look.

1 comment:

  1. I own the Target ones and love them, get a lot of compliments and I've been asked if they are frye boots, ha!

    ReplyDelete