Sunday, January 23, 2011

SWEET SUNDAY

Can't decide between cookies, brownies or cupcakes?? Don't stress - have them all! You're either gonna love me or hate me after this post. This is a dessert devil - one where you can't eat just one. Hell, I can pound three of these without even blinking an eye. These are to. die. for. And probably one of the easiest recipes I've made in a long time. Easy for the kids to make, minimal cost, appealing presentation and mouth-watering punch. You can make them one of two ways: 1) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes or 2) Cookie Brownies. Although I love me some cupcakes, I'm a brownie girl. Here's how: You will need either a box of chocolate cake mix (preferably whatever is on sale) or two boxes of brownie mix. If you are a chocoholic, I suggest Ghirardelli. I like them chewy so a "fudge" brownie is my personal preference. You will also need a package of pre-made Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
Mix the cake or brownie batter according to the directions on the box.


Depending on the mix, you will either fill 24 cupcake liners 1/2 full with cake batter or spread the brownie mix into a 13x9 pan.

For the cupcakes, you will then drop one cookie dough square into the center of the cupcake batter. Repeat for all 24.


For the brownies, you will place cookie dough squares evenly on top of the batter. No need to spread the cookie dough - just leave them as squares and space the 24 cookies over the top of the mix.
Bake per the directions on the box.

For the cupcakes, I recommend a vanilla or butter cream frosting. Chocolate doesn't taste right. And for the brownies, I recommend leaving them un-frosted. Let cool and dig in. Hope these end your weekend on a sweet note!

1 comment: