Thursday, October 28, 2010

Grab & Go

As I threw the last items into my luggage this morning, it dawned on me that I never followed up to the make-up bag comment in the "Weekend Warrior Challenge" on conquering your toiletry chaos. In my drawer I pointed out that my everyday makeup is nicely contained in a makeup bag. All day. Everyday. Why not organized in the drawer you ask? I'm all about the Grab and Go method. In other words - when I'm in a hurry I want to be able to grab it, shove it in my bag and go knowing that I have everything I could possibly need.

I apply this same philosophy with the things in my purse. Nothing is worse than changing your purse in a hurry to match your outfit and you forget your lipstick that was buried at the bottom. To eliminate this problem, I carry two wallet cases; a pouch that holds my cash, credit cards, receipts and gift cards and the other that can hold lipstick, gum, feminine products, my checkbook, iPhone, camera or whatever else I can fit in. What I love about both of these is that I never find myself rummaging through a mess to find what I need. Whether I'm quickly changing purses or throwing the wallets into the diaper bag, I just grab em' and rest assured knowing that I didn't forget anything important.

Another area where I use the Grab and Go method is my jewelry. I travel quite a bit and I found myself wasting so much packing time trying to figure out what jewelry I wanted to wear with the outfits I packed. But then I would get there, change my outfit and then get frustrated that that the piece of jewelry I wanted was at home.


To the rescue: The Prezerve Jewelry Organizer - http://www.amazon.com/PreZerve-Jewelry-Travel-Organizer-Black/dp/B002N23SHA. It has 3 flaps of compartments that keep everything nicely organized and easy to find. Like my makeup, the jewelry stays put in the organizer even when I'm at home. This eliminates scrounging around when I'm in a rush trying to find the earring match in a messy drawer or jewelry box and allows me to grab it, pack it and run.
Can you believe I can pack 44 pairs of earrings, 9 necklaces, 10 bracelets and 2 watches in this jewelry organizer? You better believe I have the selection I need when I'm on the go.

Just imagine all the time and energy you spend each day digging around for items. Now multiply that by 365. Yikes. Now think about all the times you say, "shoot, I must have forgot that." Stop the madness. Simplify your life into things that you can just grab and go and guaranteed you won't have either of those problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment