Friday, February 3, 2012

Fancy Friday

What tickled my fancy this week you're wondering? Hands down, without question the book, Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist. Like her first book, Cold Tangerines - that I raved about awhile back - this is equally inspiring if not more. Cold Tangerines left you wanting to find celebration in all things. Bittersweet, however, wants the reader to recognize that in life we need the bitter and the sweet, that there is both something broken and something beautiful, that there is a moment of lightness on even the darkest of nights.

It's raw. It's real. It's relatable. It's a book that will make you ravenous - turning page after page, highlighting, underlining, nodding your head in agreement, possibly even applauding at the end of some chapters. For me I found myself with tears running down my face on the airplane last weekend.

I don't want to give too much away but just know that combination of its honesty and hope in the presence of hard circumstances is something that you'll find encouraging and inspiring, regardless of the season you find yourself in. Her writing style is captivating, witty and so easy to connect with. Bittersweet is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment