In need of a last minute Super Bowl dessert? This might just be your saving grace thanks to Cookiesandcups.com. This recipe includes a boxed cake mix which always makes baking easy peasy, four ingredients total and is ooey gooey. A dessert must in my book.
~Rolo Cake Mix Bars~
1 box (18.25 oz) yellow, vanilla or white cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1, 5 oz can evaporated milk
1/4 cup melted butter
40 Rolo Candies, unwrapped and cut in half
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
3) With your mixer, beat cake mix, evaporated milk and butter until combined. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
4) Divide batter in half and press 1 half into the bottom of the pan.
5) Bake until just set, approximately 8-9 minutes.
6) Remove base from oven and place Rolo candies, caramel-side down on top.
7) Drop remaining batter on top of Rolos in teaspoon sized amounts.
8) Bake for 20-24 minutes longer until top begins to golden.
9) Cool completely before cutting into squares.
I hope this ends your weekend on a sweet note!