Friday, February 24, 2012

Fancy Friday

This last week a very dear friend of ours was diagnosed with cancer. On Tuesday, I walked out of the hospital with a heavy heart anxiously awaiting test results and next steps. Somewhat numb. Definitely helpless. Alittle bitter. One of those - why him, this isn't fair type of moments. 

When I got in my car, the song "Blink" by Revive streamed through my speakers. I immediately downloaded it on iTunes and continue to listen to it on repeat with tears running down my face as I sat in traffic on my way home.

As the night went on and the chaos of dinner, bath, books and bed occupied my motions, a particular line from the song kept playing back in my mind --

"No one remembers how far we have run,
all that really matters is how we have loved."

Although there is nothing we can do to take away the cancer or his pain, we can love him and his family through this time. We can comfort him. Cover him in prayer. Lend a hand whenever possible.

Thank you Revive for tickling my fancy this week. For reminding me to love simply, take time to reflect on what's most important and to keep life in perspective.

To hear the song, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment