Thursday, April 21, 2011

PEEP for Thought: Easter Decor

When you think of Easter candy what do you think of? One hint. Sugar coated marshmallow candies. Stumped? PEEPS. Duh.

Did you know...

-In 1953, it took 27 hours to create the first Peep. Today it takes six.
-Each year, manufacturer 'Just Born' produces enough Peeps to circle the earth twice.
-Each Peep Chick has 28 calories, and Bunnies have 32.5 calories. Both are fat free! (No veggie servings, unfortunately.)
-After chocolate, Peeps are the next best selling Easter candy. According to the American Confectioners Association, each day, 5 million marshmallow chicks and bunnies are made for Easter.

Peeps are actually very nostalgic for me as my they were Kelli, my college roommates, favorite candy of all time. Back in the day, I consumed a lot of Peeps. Now I think I'd rather decorate with them, than eat them. And yes I said decorate. In addition to the cute bunny ears on Easter cupcakes and cakes, there are a million ways to decorate with Peeps.

If you are wracking your brain (like I am) on creative ways to decorate your table this Easter Sunday, here are some adorable, inexpensive ideas I came across on the Internet using Peeps. Beware: people might mistake you for Martha Stewart.

Personalize the table at your Easter dinner with these cute place cards, which you can eat after you find your seat!

Tutorial on how to make this wreath -

No comments:

Post a Comment