Monday, April 18, 2011

DINNER'S ON: One Pot Wonder

It never fails that after I make a meal in the crock pot, I ask myself - why don't I do that every night?? How heavenly is it to throw all the ingredients into the pot, press the desired time and come back 4-8 hours later to dinner that is READY!?!?

This particular pork dinner pairs perfectly with my Cranberry Spinach salad. Again, great for a dinner party and the kids too!

~ Crock Pot Apple Ciger Pork ~

Ingredients:
3-5 lbs. pork loin
1 large sweet onion; sliced
2 apples; peel and cut up in slices
1 cup dried, mixed fruit
1 cup Apple Cider or Apple Juice
1/2 cup water
1 or 2 garlic cloves
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Throw all ingredients together in crock pot for 4-5 hours on high temperature.

What a cinch!!! Just slice and serve. I would pair the pork with Near East's Toasted Pine Nut Couscous, salad or green beans, and focaccia bread. Dish d'lish.

No comments:

Post a Comment