Friday, March 9, 2012

Fancy Friday


What tickled my fancy this week? Rimmel's "Non-Stop Glamour" Lipgloss.

Mesmerised by my girlfriend's lips this week, I asked her mid-sentence what lipgloss she was wearing. Laughing hysterically, she replied, "Oh my gosh, it's some cheapy Rimmel stuff!"

Having last seen Rimmel in my makeup bag some 15-20 years ago, I thought for sure Rimmel was a thing of the past. But oh noooo, Rimmel has a nice display at Target with lots of inexpensive beauteous products.

So in my quest to mimic Tracy's lovely lips, I snagged myself some Non-Stop Glamour Lipgloss - a delicate pinky beigey nude with tiny golden flecks. Not shimmer, not glitter. Flecks. Hard to explain but a very subtle golden candle light-ish sheen. I'm always a little hesitant when I buy lip gloss because I can't stand the sticky texture of most gloss. I was however pleasantly surprised that it has a smooth, non-tacky texture and lasts a good while - certainly not 6 hours like they claim, but I'm smart enough to realize and accept that no lipgloss will last that long. It lasts just long enough to do what I need it to do, while I am out and about. And it fades nicely as well. While you can certainly wear alone, it looks fantastic over a nude lipstick too.

The one thing I don't love about this lipgloss is it's packaging. A little cheapy looking for me but then again Rimmel does market to a teenage demographic and it's only $3.59. But at that price, pshhh packaging-schmacking.

You want Non-Stop Glamour? Then get your Rimmel on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment