Thursday, February 17, 2011

I LOVE...

There's something about Martha Stewart that bugs the living daylights out of me but I will give it to the lady, she's magnetic when it comes to anything "home." Macy's home department has bought into the Martha Stewart empire and is advertising that you too should "Buy into the magic of Martha." As I was browsing for bedding ideas, I came across a fantastic way to spend more quality time with your kids - invite them into the kitchen! Sound like a messy situation you'd rather not entertain? With what I found at Macy's, you just might re-think that...

My son is all about baking these days. "Cooooo-kieeees" to be exact. It's a love/hate relationship in our house. We want to encourage his creativity and love the excitement but despise the temptation the cookies bring. Especially while I'm plopped on the couch engulfed in a mindless episode of The Bachelor. But these awesome kid's cooking/baking sets now make it possible to brings little chefs to life and that's more fulfilling to me as a mom than a little mess I'll have to clean up. Cooking or baking is a great way to entertain kids on a rainy day and a fun gift idea especially if you paired one of these sets with a Kid's Cookbook or an apron. I just love that they carry all the essential tools they can actually use in a real kitchen - not just the flimsy pretend ones.

Love the idea of getting your kids more involved in the kitchen? Hurry over to Macys.com and take advantage of their President's Day sale going on NOW. Orginally $29.99, all three of these kits are on sale for 50% until Monday, 2/21/11. Bonus: Enter in the code PRESIDENT at check-out and get an additional 10% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment