Sunday, January 29, 2012
Need a little summer in your long winter days? This S'more Cobbler combines all the ingredients that remind you of sitting at the beach around a bonfire with friends wedging those perfectly golden gooey marshmellows between graham crackers and chocolate. Ahhh, those days can't come soon enough.
Recipe courtesy of chef-in-training.com
1 cup whole milk
1 (5 oz.) package "cook and serve" chocolate pudding mix
6 whole graham crackers
1/2-3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 box chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup butter
Bag of large marshmallows
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Combine milk and chocolate pudding package. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and spread evenly.
3) Break graham crackers in half so that you have 12 squares. Place the graham cracker squares on top of the pudding leaving space between each square.
4) Sprinkle on the mini chocolate chips. Add a little more if you love as much chocolatey-goodness as you can get!
5) Melt butter in microwave.
6) Mix in cake mix to the melted butter until completely blended. Spread on top of the mini chocolate chips/graham crackers.
7) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
8) Remove and place large marshmallows on top to cover.
9) Bake another 5 minutes then switch oven to broil. Watch closely at this point because your marshmallows will brown fast. It should only take 1-2 minutes to brown after the oven has been switched to broil.
10) Take out of oven and let cool a little bit.
This is best eaten warm! Enjoy!