Friday, June 17, 2011

FANCY FRIDAY

When it comes to finding the ultimate long-lasting, color building, eyeshadow that can work alone or as a base, it can be rather complex. Why? Because, there are so many eyeshadow products marketed to a standard, that simply make many promises they cannot keep nor they just cannot live up to. Christian Dior's Eye Show is different. I became hooked on this product after being stopped in my tracks by the sales women behind the Dior makeup counter at Nordstrom. Her eye makeup was A-mazing so I stopped to ask if she'd give me a makeup tutorial. She explained to me that the secret to long-lasting eye shadow is to apply a base. So before applying any shadow, she coated my lids with the Eye Show's "Undressed Beige/#622," a neutral peachy/beige that can be worn alone or as a base. Instantly, I saw a difference.

What sold me on this product is the soufflé texture that created a soft velvety powder effect on my lids. It acted as a color-building base as she applied it to my entire lid, making the shadow on top more vibrant. She also shared that to get an extra bright-eyed effect, to dot the color onto the inner corners of the eyes. Wow, my eyes came alive! So I bought it. Definitely 20 minutes and $32 well spent.

What I love about the Dior Eye Show is that it's long-lasting, blends effortlessly and is very wearable. Most of the time I steer away from all things shimmer but it's just the right amount. Plus I love that shimmer helps hide stray eyebrow hairs if I didn't have time to tweeze. This product's somewhat mousey,wet texture grips to the top shadow and prevents my shadow from ever creasing or fading and it has the ability to collaborate well with other shadow colors. My only beef with this product is that there are only a few colors available. But trust me, you can't go wrong with Undressed Beige.

If I didn't sell you hard enough on this, I did also read this last week on Glamour's website that a "super easy step to looking flawless fast" is to apply a shimmery eye base. They claim that to achieve pro-looking eye makeup in no time, you should apply a wash of sheer, shimmery cream shadow from lash lines to brow bones using your pointer finger. Tip: If your skin is fair, try a silvery white shade. For medium to dark skin tones, opt for a champagne color instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment