Dying to know how to make this cake? Go to the store and buy any boxed cake mix of your choice and a can of diet pop. That's it. No eggs. No oil. Just those TWO ingredients. Trust me. IT WORKS!!!!!
~Diet Pop Cake~
In a bowl, mix the dry cake mix and one can of pop with a hand-mixer.
Mix until lumps are gone.
Pour mixture in greased 13x9 cake pan (or cupcake pan).
Bake as directed on the box.
My tried and true tips for delicious combinations:
- You can't go wrong with Diet Cream Soda. It works well with any cake mix. Cream Soda can be hard to find. I usually have the most luck at Target. If you can't find Cream Soda, Diet Rootbeer is second best. A&W brand is hands down the best.
- You can't tell a difference between Diet and Regular so why consume more calories than you have to. Use DIET.
- If you have a light dry cake mix, you want to use a light colored soda. Funfetti or Rainbow Chip is best with Diet Cream Soda. If you use Rootbeer, just be prepared that your cake when baked will have a light brown tinge.
- Lemon and Diet 7-Up goes well together.
- Chocolate and Diet Rootbeer or Diet Dr. Pepper taste delicious together.
- Diet Coke doesn't seem to taste as good in any cake because of it's saltiness.
So there you go. Diet Cake. Now you can have your cake and eat it too!! I hope this ends your weekend on a sweet note. xo