SWAP YOUR STANDARD CUP OF COFFEE WITH A GLASS OF HOT LEMON WATER.
Hot water, like the heat of hot tea, causes the body to begin to detoxify. Stored toxins slow the metabolism. When you flood the body with hot water, this causes the muscular action in the stomach, liver and intestine which squeezes and releases toxins. This moves toxins out of the bowel, liver, lymph system, and out of the body. Water is quickly absorbed in extreme temperatures. This helps stabilize blood sugar, which will stop food cravings as well.
Lukewarm water is even good for suppressing the appetite by depressing the activity of the digestive system. Hunger pains diminish and you tend not to overeat.
The key to health with anything is consistency. If you start your day with a glass of hot lemon water and drink a glass of lukewarm water 15 minutes before meals and snacks, you'll be on your way to losing 31 pounds this year if you stick with it. Statistics show that you will consume 104 calories less daily as a result of drinking water which over the course of a year, averages to about 31 unnecessary pounds.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- 37% of Americans mistake the thirst sensation, which is weak for the hunger sensation triggering them to begin eating instead of drinking,
- Mild dehydration can slow the metabolism by 3%.
- Drinking just one glass of water can shut down the "midnight munchies."
- Lack of water is the number one trigger for daytime fatigue.
- 8 to 10 glasses of water can ease back and joint pain in 80% of sufferers.
- When you dropped just 2% in the body's necessary hydration you will likely experience fuzzy, short-term memory and have difficulty with basic math, focusing on printed work and computer media.
- Just by drinking five glasses of water daily you decrease the risk of colon cancer by 45%, reduce the risk of breast cancer by 79% and 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.