Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tip me Tuesday


One thing that pisses me off more than anything is acne at age 32. I'm so over it. Luckily I don't get the mounding, red, puss pockets. OMG I would die. I do however tend to get smaller bumps that if the light hits them just right, I can't bare to look at my own self in the mirror.

While I do have oily skin (which doesn't help), I know exactly what's causing these confidence crushing little devils - 1) Sweat from working out and 2) Sitting with my hand on my chin while researching and writing blog posts. Thanks guys - I essentially can blame you for 50% of this. :)

I've tried everything under the sun and just last week, I found the most effective on-the-spot treatment. TOOTHPASTE. Alittle dab of paste (not gel) on/around the affected area and by morning - gone. Not kidding. At least for me.

Have a few pesky pimples you want gonzo? 

First you need to get the right kind of toothpaste. Toothpastes that has no or very little fluoride present are best because it is believed that fluoride can inflame the acne. I didn't have any problem but I suggest trying a small amount of the toothpaste you already have and adjust if need be. Baking soda is another element in toothpaste that is great for pimples and acne. Having this ingredient present will help to dry out and exfoliate the skin, which is ideal when you suffer from skin problems. If you have sensitive skin, do not use a whitening specific toothpaste as it is extremely drying.

To get started: wash your face and pat dry. Apply a small amount of toothpaste onto your clean fingertip and massage into the pimple and around the base. Less is defiantly more when applying the toothpaste and you will need to ensure that you do not put too much on your face. By gently massaging the area with the toothpaste, you are encouraging blood circulation and helping to remove the impurities from the area. The toothpaste should be a thin layer, and only covering the pimple.

Once you have applied the toothpaste you will need to leave it for several hours, or overnight, whichever is convenient. You should feel a cool and refreshing feeling on your face, if it begins to hurt or burn you must remove the toothpaste immediately. I left the paste on overnight to get the full pimple zapping effect but people with sensitive skin should wash off after it drys completely.

I know this sounds crazy, but it's easy, it works, and for me - it's my new affordable acne cure! Who would have thunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment