Friday, May 27, 2011

FANCY FRIDAY

My mom is the absolute best when it comes to giving random, out-of-the-blue gifts. If there's one thing I've learned from her, it's to practice self-less acts of kindness. And not when it's only convenient for you. This past week, I heard Chase yell "Box Truck." Sure enough as I looked out the window, the UPS man was running across our lawn, jumping back into his "box truck." Chase opened the door to find a Crate and Barrel box on our doorstep. I thought, "Hmmm that's an interesting store to get a baby gift from." Surprisingly it wasn't a baby gift. It was a set of 6 Popsicle Molds (12.95, Crate and Barrel) from my mother. Just for fun. Because she thought Chase would love to make them. Lick them. Spill them. And make my house a sticky mess.

I'm not sure what tickled my fancy more this week - my mom or the ear to ear smile Chase has when he opens up the freezer to find a "pop-a-cull" waiting for him? I'm thinking both. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment