Nothing screams fall more than a warm apple cake. With only 15 minutes of prep time, this cake is a snap to make! And yes you can eat well, even out of box.
~Whole-Grain Apple Cake~
1 box Duncan Hines Whole-Grain Apple Cinnamom Muffin mix
2 large eggs
1/4 cup oil (I prefer substituting applesauce)
3 Tbsp sugar
3 Apples of your choice (Honey crisp or Fuji are my particular faves)
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Coat a 9-inch springfoam pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Prepare muffin mix as package directs, using 2 eggs, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup oil (or applesauce).
4) Gently stir in 1 sliced apple with the provide apple-cinnamon pouch and stir into pan.
5) Arrange remaining apple slices in concentric circles on top.
6) Sprinkle 3 Tbsp sugar and then the granola topping on top.
7) Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Try this too:
~Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped walnuts on top along with granola.
~Use 3 pears, peeled, cored and sliced instead of apples.
~Stir 2 tsp grated lemon zest into batter.
I hope this ends your weekend on a sweet note! xo