When I think lasagna, I think time consuming. All the ingredients. All the layering. Definitely not a realistic dish for busy moms.
As an alternative, try this fresh twist on lasagna that takes just 25 minutes from start to finish that your kids will enjoy too!
~Ravioli Skillet Lasagna~
2 cups purchased pasta sauce
1/3 cup water
1 - 9 ounce package refrigerated or frozen cheese or meat-filled ravioli
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 15 ounce carton ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1 - 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1. In a 10-inch skillet combine pasta sauce and the water. Bring to boiling; stir in ravioli. Reduce heat. Cook, covered, over medium heat about 5 minutes or until ravioli are nearly tender, stirring once to prevent sticking.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, and the 1/4 cup Romano cheese.
3. Top ravioli with spinach.
4. Spoon ricotta mixture on top of spinach.
5. Cook, covered, over low heat about 10 minutes or until ricotta layer is set and ravioli are tender. Sprinkle each serving with additional Romano cheese. Makes 4 main-dish servings.