Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hailey's Holiday Obsession


Ok these are nothing new but they have become my 2010 holiday obsession -EYESHADOW PALETTES. And I'm not even a make-up junkie. Like I said in my "Banging Bargains Under $25" post, I love to pair two smaller gifts to make a cute package. These palettes make for the perfect pair to a scarf or earrings for your mom, sister, friend or babysitter. If your budget allows, you could pair the palette with an eye brush set. Oooooh now that I would love. I'm always looking for the right brush to work it's magic. :) Oh which reminds me - quick sidenote - I was talking to the cosmetic gal at the Nordstrom 'Mac' counter and she informed me that although the holiday brush sets are a screaming deal, they are made with synthetic fibers so they won't last nearly as long. Maybe a no-brainer but I found it interesting. Check out Sephora's collection of brush sets here. They have some great steals for all budgets.

Detouring back - if you're stumped on a few female holiday gifts, eyeshadow palettes are sure to please. I just so happen to read in Parents magazine that according to a Kelton Research survey, "39% of moms get a happiness boost from cosmetics." Below are a few that I personally love --

Sephora's Beauty in a Box Smoky Eye Palette is a collection of Sephora's favorite colors with a how-to guide to achieve the classic smoky eye in 6 easy steps.



Stila's Limited Edition Color Wheel Eyeshadow Palette offers a collection of versatile shades. It includes 37 eyeshadow shades, a mirror, two double-ended eyeshadow brushes, and a 16-page lookbook with tips and tricks from Stila's Pro Artists and step-by-step instructions. My mouth is watering. All this for $38 @ Sephora. Note: this palette is larger in size so it's not something you would travel with.

Kat Von D's True Romance Eyeshadow Palette comes with 8 eyeshadows to bring you an edgy glamorous look. $34 @ Sephora.
Urban Decay's Naked Palette features 12 eyeshadows that have a distinctly urban natural look, yet work for everyone. $44 @ Sephora. Note: this one is usually in high demand and sells out quickly. Comes with a travel size Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
Two Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection includes 9 essential shadows for all-over lid color, highlighting, smudging, and more. $35 @ Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment