~Crispy Balsamic Chicken~
Total time: 30 min
Yields: 4 main dish servings
1 lb. carrots, thinly sliced at an angle
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 c. panko (Japanese style bread crumbs)
1 1/4 lbs skinless, boneless thin sliced chicken breast cutlets
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 c. plus 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
5 oz. baby arugula
1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, torn
salt & pepper
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) On jelly roll pan, toss carrots with oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Roast 8-10 minutes or until crisp tender. Transfer carrots to large bowl to cool.
3) While carrots cook, place panko on large plate. In medium bowl, toss chicken with mustard and 1/4 tsp pepper until well coated. Coat chicken with panko pressing to adhere. Arrange chicken on rack fitted into same jelly roll pan.
4) Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until juices run clean when pierced with tip of knife (165 degrees).
5) Meanwhile, in 1 quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper to boiling on high; reduce heat to simmer 8-12 minutes, or until syrupy.
6) To same bowl as carrots, add arugula, basil and remaining Tbsp balsamic vinegar, tossing to mix.
7) Serve salad with chicken and balsamic glaze.
- Use prewashed arugula for superfast prep.
- For even crispier chicken, run under the broiler after baking.