Wednesday, August 7, 2013

If you do one thing this week: Clean out your hairdryer

 
People always ask me how I manage to always have my hair washed, dried and flat ironed. Besides the obvious that I have to get up a tad earlier to make this happen, I do also clean the lint/dust trap in my hairdryer on a consistent basis which according to Glamour magazine and Harry Josh, celebrity hair stylist, will cut your get ready time down significantly.

By cleaning out the lint, the air flowing into the dryer will circulate better so it can continue to blow out with full force, so the process is shorter. Wow. What a aw-ha bit of information.

Wondering how often you should do this? Hairdressers do it almost daily as their hairdryers get used much more but for the average home use, once a week is recommended.

If the grooves on your hairdryer are small, I recommend using an old toothbrush or tooth pick. I will warn you, it is a bit tedious so don't attempt this on a morning you have to be out the door at a certain time. Once you have all the lint/dust cleaned out, take a damp cloth to wipe down the hairdryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment