Great for breakfast, brunch, tea or dessert. A holiday staple.
~Spiced Cranberry Coffee Cake~
3 cup(s) all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cup(s) lowfat buttermilk
2 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
2 cup(s) Spiced Cranberries or store-bought cranberry sauce
1 cup(s) roughly chopped walnuts
1 1/4 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoon(s) milk
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with butter and lightly dust with flour. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, then the buttermilk and orange zest. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
3. Spread half the batter into the prepared baking dish. Dollop 1 cup cranberry sauce over the top, then gently spread, swirling it into the batter. Top with the remaining batter, then dollop with the remaining cranberry sauce.
4. Sprinkle the walnuts over the top and bake until the cake is golden brown and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
5. While the cake cools, make the icing: In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle the icing over the warm cake, then let cool completely before serving.
I hope this ends your weekend on a sweet note!